Beacon House, located on Boston’s famed Beacon Hill, offers 85 rent-subsidized and 32 rent-moderated apartments for persons age 55 and over.
This historic building in a historic neighborhood was completely renovated in 1983 to create affordable housing for Boston elders. One bedroom units and larger studios have large windows and enough room for two persons. Small studios are suitable for one person. All units have modern kitchens, full baths and wall-to-wall carpeting. An extensive renovation of all common areas was completed in 2001. In 2003, Beacon House won the William D. Smith Memorial Award from the Massachusetts Architectural Access Board for the new atrium wheelchair ramp.
- Modern studio and one-bedroom apartments with fully equipped kitchens and baths
- Seven apartments fully adapted for wheelchairs
- Week-day lunch for nominal donation
- Roof deck
- Comfortable atrium, community room, and library
- On-site laundry
- Computer lab with professional classes for residents
- On-site access to MGH Senior HealthWISE program
Conveniently located near:
- Downtown Crossing
- Retail shops
- Grocery store
- Public library
- Massachusetts General Hospital
An easy walk to the T and many activities!